Submissions on this website are pre-moderated. You will receive a notification email after we review your picture. To see your images published on Looksi Square, please follow these rules:
- You must be the creator of every picture you are submitting. Please do not submit roundup photos that are not under your copyright.
- Submissions must be related to the creative home arts, including DIY, design, home, garden, craft, photography and style.
- Link to your blog post/website where the original picture appears. Please provide a link to specific blog post/page where the image appears (not a homepage).
- Please don't try to use this website in commercial purposes unless you are working through our advertising department. We don't mind publishing pictures of your accomplished commercial projects, such as a bouquet you made for a client, but please do not make your submission look like an advert.
- Pictures are evaluated based on criteria such as composition, presentation, sharpness, colour balance, lighting. Please make sure there are no distracting watermarks or text covering portions of the photo.
- Posts are also evaluated based on quality, length, information and relavance.
- Images are automatically resized and cropped to 250x250 pixels, so for best results we recommend resizing and cropping pictures with your favourite editing program before uploading them.
- Write a hook to describe your photo. The best hooks are the ones that make readers want to CLICK!
- Don't hesitate to ask if you have questions! Write to Sue at looksiSue@gmail.com
If you received a declined email, make sure your photo is light, bright and clear (try adjusting curves, levels and contrast!) and free of text, watermarks and borders. Please try resubmitting after making your edits! If your post is declined 3-4 times, it most likely will not be accepted. We would love to see a different photo from that post or another post from your site!
Frustrated by rejections? Here are some great posts that might help you!
Reasons to Crop Your Images to Square
5 More Reasons to Crop Your Images to Square
Money Shots for Square Layouts
Square Image Composistion Tips
We are very strict with the type of advertisements we run and stay solidly within our genre of shelter and creative arts. If you are a small, medium or large business selling to or working with the shelter, garden, arts or crafts communities, we would love to work with you! Ads are run at a set price per month and include 4 front page placements per month. Each ad will be marked with our advert logo and we will walk you through the writing of a hook that will appeal to readers for click throughs. Please contact looksiSue@gmail.com for more details.
I submitted my post yesterday, but it wasn't published until today. Why?
^^There is a cutoff of submissions that occurs when we begin to work on publishing each day. Sometimes your post will make it under the deadline and other times it will not. If you haven't heard from us in 3 days whether your post has been accepted, please resubmit. Otherwise, keep watching! We might be saving it to be front and center for the next day!
Why do some posts move to the top even though they submitted after me?
^^Looksi is all about informative and detailed tutorials, but we are also about stunning photographs that draw you in. The best of the best get moved to the top so that the front page of Looksi is always a place you want to take a look-see. Keep working on those photos and you will see YOUR photos front and center before long.
Do you play favorites? It seems like some people always have their posts accepted and mine are always declined.
^^No, we do not play favorites, but we do admit a weakness for great work. Great tutorials and content with fabulous photos will always make it through. Study the photos that are always accepted and check out the helpful links above to strengthen your photographs.
My pictures looks lighter and brighter on Looksi than they do on my site. Why?
^^When we get photographs that are well composed and sharp, just lacking brightness and contrast, the photoeditors at Looksi have been known to help you out a bit. Don't risk a decline though! Get those photos into Picmonkey or Photoshop and adjust the curves and levels for brighter, lighter photos. Our ambassadaor Amy Renea has offered these FREE ACTIONS for making easy adjustments.
Who are the ambassadors and how do I become one?
^^The ambassadors are hand-picked members of the DIY, crafting and gardening communities that have agreed to help support and publicize Looksi. In return, Looksi supports and gives publicity to the ambassadors. Applications are currently closed, but stay tuned for a new round of ambassadors coming soon!
Image Created by Looksi Ambassador Julie of Redhead Can Decorate
Go meet our ambassadors!!
Julie of Redhead Can Decorate
Carrie of Making Lemonade
Evelin of Sweet Song Bird
Jacque of theDIYvillage
Courtenay of The Creek Line House
Heather of Setting for Four
Cyn of Creative Cynchronicity
Micki of Confessions of an ADD Housewife
Mary Beth of Cupcakes and Crinoline
Jeanie of Create and Babble
Kelly of View Along the Way
Cynthia of A Button Tufted Life
Melissa of The Happier Homemaker